Hi and welcome to my introductory post. This blog is about four or five years in the making. I've considered starting a gaming blog for years but wasn't sure if I'd have the time (I'm a wife (the hubs and I game together) and mom, part time undergrad, sometimes employed, and I write on another blog) or if I'd have enough ideas to write on a regular basis. But, I've been reading WoW and SWTOR related blogs for about a year now and I've been seeing posts about the Newbie Blogger Initiative and thought, "HEY! Maybe they're talking to me and it's time to give this a try."
I intend to write mainly about World of Warcraft from the perspective of a socially anxious, neurotic GIRL, who knows little but wants to impart what wisdom I have to other like minded individuals. I'll also attempt to blend in stuff about other games (most likely The Sims and Diablo III) as well as off topic bull that you'll just have to put up with on occasion. My goal is to post at least twice a week, no less than once a week, but no promises. I also will try to keep the language on a PG level, but I'm married to a Marine and foul language is a way of life. So again, I make no promises. ;)
My pet peeves:
- The word, "noob" when used derogatorily. We were all new to the game, every game, at one point. To imply that you're superior because you know more than someone who is just starting out is ignorant. I don't like ignorance. How about either keeping your mouth shut or trying to help that newbie out a little, huh??
- When tanks say, "You pull, you deal with it." Get over yourself. Shit happens and sometimes it's an accident and the person didn't mean to do it. On the other side...
- Not taking responsibility for your actions. Yeah. We all saw you, hunter, shoot that dragonkin before the tank was even close to the next mob. Just apologize and allow us all to move on.
- People who think that girls can't play video games just as well, if not better, than guys.
- Vote kicking someone from a group because of one mistake. I think everyone deserves at least a second chance, even if it was a "dumb" mistake. How is anyone supposed to learn if they aren't allowed to learn from their mistakes???
- Getting kicked from a group because my ilvl is too low. HELLO!!! Why do you think I'm in this dungeon in the first place?!!? I'm freaking trying to get better freaking gear. How the eff am I supposed to do that if I can't get through a dungeon and roll for new crap?!?!?