Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hunter Variety

When I first rolled Maruka, I went MM with her and this was before the days of dual talents. When dual talents came out, I resisted for quite some time paying for her to dual spec. I felt very loyal to MM. I eventually decided to give it a go and went for BM so that I could tame the cool pets. Turns out, I don't have the patience to camp out for the rare pets, lol. Nope. I flew around ONE time looking for some rares. I found the rhino, I can't remember it's name right now, and tamed that but I really wanted a spirit beast. Again, no patience and I wasn't really all that upset about it.

I concentrated on learning the rotation for a BM hunter then deciding which I liked best. Honestly, I don't think I have a real preference between the two after being all dramatic about it and swearing that I didn't need to dual spec. Grr! That totally turned me off to even giving survival a try at all. Until this past Saturday night.

I did a Google search and found a couple different blog articles comparing the dps output for all three hunter specs. Survival came out on top by quite a significant percentage. (And no. I don't have links to the articles cuz I'm dumb and didn't save them. Perhaps I'll search through my history (which happens to be on my other computer) and update this post at some future time. My apologies.) I caved to the pressure and swapped out BM for SV. Or maybe it was MM for SV. Christ on a crutch. I don't remember. After figuring out my shot rotation and practicing on some dummies, I headed into one of the HoTs and gave it a go. I beat the other hunter in there with me by very, very significant numbers but the tank and the other DPS kicked my butt. Granted, their ilvl was about ten points higher than mine (as was the other hunter, hmm) and it was only my second time in that instance, but I was a bit disappointed with my showing.

That being said, I grudgingly admit that SV is a fun spec. I like the shot rotation better than the other two. It just feels like explosive shot and black arrow add some much needed variety in the hunter rotation. At least those two shots have a cooldown that provides some challenge when it comes to focus regen whereas BM and MM only have one significant attack with a cooldown. At least in my rotation. I also seem to be doing about 2k more dps but it's too soon to say.

P.S.

I tamed the purple spider in the Firelands, I forget its name, this past weekend which makes #2 in the rare pet tames. Go me!

P.P.S.

This post has made me realize that I need to WoW blog from the same computer on which I play WoW. I have no screenshots, browser history, and few bookmarks on my laptop. It makes for bland, unreferenced posts, lmao.

2 comments:

  1. The website you found that comparison was most likely elitistjerks.com. And they try to keep up with those thing at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I didn't think to look there. I did Google first and found an article on OutDPS. I looked through my history but couldn't find the other website I used as a comparison. I haven't been to elitistjerks in a while so I know it wasn't that website though. :)

      Delete

You've come this far...