Friday, May 11, 2012

Winding Up the Week

I have compiled a summary of blog articles, tweets, and other random stuff I found interesting this week. I have high hopes to make this a weekly feature on my blog. Don't be too harsh if this is the only post of its kind that you see here. ;)

Newbie Blogger Initiative

This first section is featuring blogs from the NBI. Please check them out and give them some comment love.

Susi from Gaming Abroad. She wrote about TERA this week which helped to whittle away at my reserve. She also wrote about the WoW Iron Man Challenge. Lots of variety.

Diane at tl-dr ruminated about ERP and bad groups. Wowsa. 

Nomieke at /con mmob is blogging from Tumblr. One of the few NBIers I've seen on Tumblr.

Ravious at Kill Ten Rats wrote a fantastic article about the evolution of bloggers. Ravious isn't a newbie blogger but this article was written for the NBI.

Jacob talks about protecting your blog at tl-dr. It's an excellent post for both newbies and veteran bloggers.

I LOVE the title of this blog:  My Staff is Bigger than Yours

Twitter

As Seen On Twitter (these were all copied and pasted directly from Twitter. I didn't change a thing.

@WTSHeals said, "BARES IS CAN DUNCE! DUN DUN DUN! LOL! DUNCING BARES IS CAN MAKE HAPPY TIMES FOR UDDER FRENDS!"

@druidheals said, "Why would Blizzard delete a thread entitled, "Nozdormu's Nipples"?? This is serious stuff, man!"

@Vixsin_LiGS said, "I love how my mind works. Endless raid farming for useless upgrades? YES PLS! Endless transmog runs for useless aesthetics? OH F- THAT."

Other Blog News 

Rashtag gave a touching tribute to Maurice Sendak at Need More Rage.

Brunpal ruminates about the state of the Diablo 3 auction house at Jaded Alt.

Lonomonkey posted about Grammar Nazis at Screaming Monkeys. I'm all for figuring out when to use you, your, you're, its, it's, their, there, and they're, but I certainly don't go around criticizing people when they make mistakes. Cripes people. Boundaries!! 

FYI

For those of you with the MoP Beta, the newest update crashes when trying to load the 64-bit launcher. To solve this problem, use the regular .exe launcher. Looks just like the 64-bit one, but doesn't say "World of Warcraft-64".




2 comments:

You've come this far...